Computer died

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-iwcNaMm7aMIiq3RsQ1AnAw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Additioal question how canyou test if power supply is dead with a
> multimeter? I'm not a hardware guy
> On Apr 3, 2011 7:53 AM, "Jerry Feldman" <gaf-iwcNaMm7aMIiq3RsQ1AnAw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Yesterday I went to add an old IDE drive to the IDE port on my system
>> (Penguin 3000) and I've not been able to power it on. I don't have a
> working
>> multimeter, but it looks like it is probably power supply. When I press
> the
>> per button nothing happens, but occasionally the per light comes on for a
>> second. The old drive has been removed. In any case I can use the Android
>> email :-)

If you connect the power supply to the motherboard but disconnect
power to the hard drive, video card (if it requires power), and maybe
CD drive, does it remain powered on and give the m/b power?

I'm wondering if the power supply is a problem, or if you are trying
to draw too much power from it?

Scott