network issues

    >> i recently acquired an acer aspire and installed fc14.  neither wlan0 or
    >> eth0 shows up from dmesg, so the networking gui can't make any connection.
    >> the wireless is there and was used successfully in the original windows7
    >> installation, now gone.  any suggestions?

    Dan> lspci to see what the hardware is. Then start googling for
    Dan> driver compatibility.

What I did with mine was just try linux distributions until I found one
that seemed to work.  I think I stopped on Easy Peasy Linux.  I'm mostly
just using it as an ebook reader for PDF's that need a bigger screen
than my Nokia N810, though, so what distribution I use isn't very
important.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Hard to know whether to file this under excessive government spending,
loss of civil liberties (nearly full day detention due to carrying
honey), or runaway health care costs.

Philip Greenspun, commenting on a report that two bottles of honey set
off explosives detection systems, and led to a gardener being detained
and two TSA agents being hospitalized.