network issues

>>>>> "Hsuan-Yeh" == Hsuan-Yeh Chang <hsuanyeh-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

    Hsuan-Yeh> Ubuntu or Ubuntu Netbook (http://www.ubuntu.com/netbook)
    should work.

I'm sure I tried both of those before Easy Peasy, and there was some
kind of problem.  This happened almost a year ago, and I didn't keep
good notes, but I vaguely remember a lot of hanging.

But of course, things may well have changed since I was doing it.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

And now in this the twentieth century come these talking and playing
machines and offer again to reduce the expression of music to a
mathematical system of megaphones, wheels, cogs, disks, cylinders, and
all manner of revolving things which are as like real art as the
marble statue of Eve is like her beautiful living breathing daughters.

Under such conditions, the tide of amateurism cannot but recede until
there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional
executant. Singing will no longer be a fine accomplishment; vocal
exercises so important a factor in the curriculum of physical culture
will be out of vogue. Then what of the national throat? Will it not
weaken? What of the national chest? Will it not shrink?

John Philip Souza, "The Menace of Mechanical Music", in Appleton's
Magazine, 1906