Android Tablet

We are planning a "root your Color Nook" meeting for later on. But,
AFAIK, all the non-iPad tablets are based on the Android OS. You don't
have the full Linux tool kit, but depends on exactly what tools do you
want. I don't think you'll see tablets that are ready to replace
laptops with HDs, multiple SD ports and even multiple USB ports.