Galaxy Tab WiFi now available - $349

On Apr 12, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Shirley M?rquez D?lcey wrote:

> Got an email today from Samsung about the WiFi-only version of the
> Galaxy Tab (their 7" tablet) being out now. This time (unlike when they
> first announced the 3G versions of the Tab) they seem to have done
> better with the pricing at $349.

Hm. Apple charges an additional $129 for 3G and GPS added to an
iPad, so I suppose that's a decent price cut. Not like they've
been selling the stock they have anyway, better to sell it cheap
than to not sell it at all.

> It's more expensive than a color Nook
> but with a faster CPU, more memory, and a full implementation of Android
> out of the box.

Yeah, but its Android 2.3, isn't it? The one Google themselves
says sucks for tablets. Any word on whether or not it'll be
possible to upgrade it to Android 3.x?

> And it's enough cheaper than an iPad 2 to compensate for
> the smaller size and less powerful CPU.

Same price as a refurb 1st-gen iPad.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB292LL/A?mco=MjEzNzc0NTk

I'd keep waiting.

> At that price it looks like an interesting option. I'm sure we'll be
> seeing a lot more good tablets soon.

Just like we'll see Flash for Android that doesn't perform horribly
and drain your battery soon? :)

/me still waiting...

--
Jarod Wilson