From: Richard Pieri <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
To: blug Unix <discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org>
Sent: Fri, April 15, 2011 9:57:44 AM
Subject: Re: Las Vegas firm buys Unix...

On Apr 15, 2011, at 7:20 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> It does. We still have to wait for the 10th Circuit to hear and rule on
> SCO's second appeal.

Do we?? UnXis claims that it acquired all of SCO's assets and intellectual
properties.? The new company claims ownership of the UNIX and UNIXWARE
trademarks:

> Under the sale terms, UnXis retains all customer contracts, the rights to the
>UNIX and UNIXWARE trademarks and installed base of over 32,000 customer
>contracts in 82 countries, including major enterprise customers in finance,
>manufacturing, retail, quick-serve restaurants, consumer electronics and state
>and federal government.
http://www.unxisco.com/2011/04/11/unxis-completes-purchase-of-sco-unix-assets/

This is, of course, wrong.? These are owned by The Open Group.? So, what is
really going on?? It looks to me like UnXis is gearing up for another round.

Never mind the blatant lies elsewhere in the company FAQ, like how UNIX is
entirely closed source.

--Rich P.