Gnome 3 Discussions

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:24 AM, David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Of course this leaves me in a quandary, because I gave up KDE when 4
> came out and the whole UI was turned into an array of candy-like icons
> all nearly identical.

As a KDE 3.5 user who took a reluctant sabbatical to GNOME when KDE 4.0 came
out, I can tell you the situation is MUCH improved on the KDE side of things
from those troubled days. KDE 4.6 is excellent and the "brand" has fully
recovered as far as I'm concerned. I sympathize with the GNOME folks. This
kind of project reboot is painful even if the long-term benefits are real.
Hopefully they can recover, too.