Gnome 3 Discussions

I think what was most interesting to me about the direction GNOME 3 took is
that someone still believes in the possibility of mainstream use of Linux
on the desktop!

The CEO of Red Hat basically said that the "linux desktop" market was not a
goal for them, and yet we had two Red Hat employees talking about how they
were "streamlining" the GNOME 3 interface for the "casual user".

In Owen's defense, he specifically said at one point that the audience in
the room was not the target for the GNOME 3 redesign.  They must have known
they were going to anger the nerds...  :-)

-ben

--
if you plan for a year, sow a seed.  if you plan for a decade, plant a
tree.  if you plan for a century, educate the people.     <chuang tzu>