[Discuss] un-bastardized android

On Jun 4, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> Gee, it would be really nice if I didn't feel the NEED to root my phone.

Don't buy a locked phone.  Problem solved.
You *can* buy unlocked phones directly from the manufacturers.  I still have my unlocked KRZR, for example, and I will be going back to it once my contract with the Inc runs out.  It cost more than a phone with a service plan because it wasn't subsidized by a plan, but it wasn't encumbered by the service plan.

> Still I don't know why these things have to be so hard.  I see references
> all over the place that the nexus S is GSM and also CDMA.  It's available on
> Sprint, so there must be at least a CDMA version.  But I don't see anything
> saying if it's LTE, nor whether it will work on metropcs.  Uggh.

http://www.google.com/nexus/#/tech-specs
LTE is not listed.  Therefore it does not speak LTE.  Simple.

--Rich P.