[Discuss] sox

On 06/05/2011 02:07 PM, Jose, Shibu wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> *This e-mail is sent by Hudson Highland Group, Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.*
I don't know if I speak for anyone else on this list, but I find the
notion of receiving email or messages with a footer like this offensive.

If I receive an email from an organization with which I do not have a
standing confidentiality agreement, I will repost any email I wish any
way I wish and will delete it only if I wish. I am under no obligation
to notify anyone of anything. I will use any attachments in any way I wish.

The text in the footer does not create a binding agreement, and I reject
it. It is the responsibility of the person sending the email to ensure
confidentiality or privilege of the information.

 From a legal point of view, I think everyone should, in writing, reject
this sort of language on this forum. It is dangerous. Some a-hole lawyer
looking at the chain of messages during a fishing expedition could find
a way to make trouble. He'll have no legal basis for it, of course, but
since when has that stopped lawyers?