Relevance of PGP?

The point I'm trying to make is that automation is similar to simplification.
As Albert Einstein used to say, "Everything should be made as simple
as possible, but no simpler". When you oversimplify something, you
essentially destroy a fundamental part of it.

The same concept applies to automation. We don't want to be required
to do something manually, or hire someone to do it for us, if it can be
automated. But something that cannot be automated without sacrificing
a critical part of its essence should not be automated. And my gut feeling
is that when you try to automate the trust model, there's a serious danger
that you could recreate weaknesses similar to what we see in the SSL
infrastructure.

Maybe there are parts of it that can be safely automated, but I'd want to
examine the implementation long and hard to make sure they were safe.

AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr-iMZfmuK6BGBxLiRVyXs8+g at public.gmane.org / YAHOO abreauj / SKYPE zusa_it_mgr
Email jabr-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9