Relevance of PGP?

Richard Pieri wrote:
> S/MIME is not the same as PGP/GPG.  It is not a religious argument.
> It is a clear, technical distinction.

And how about if you delete all your root certificates (rather
inconvenient on a web browser, but probably minimal impact on a mail
client), and instead only use certificates that you obtain direct from
the other party or through your chosen web of trust?

A point I made earlier in this thread is that the client integration and
message integration is superior with S/MIME. No external tools to mess
with. The weak point is they key distribution and validation infrastructure.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA