Fwd: Small Form Factor PCs

On 06/13/2011 04:02 PM, Kent Borg wrote:
> Chris O'Connell wrote:
>> The name of the software is HomeSeer.  HomeSeer allows for the
>> control of
>> everything from light switches, thermometers, fans, electrical outlets,
>> cameras, thermostats... etc, all through one central administration
>> system.
>>  [...] for a Windows specific solution
>
> Sounds scary. Valves, thermostats, door locks, motors, arbitrary
> appliances plugged into controlled outlets...handed over to MS Windows.
>
> There are people out there who sorely regret having built complicated
> automated systems (power plants, chemical factories, ...) out of
> unreliable parts. And now more people are doing the same thing with
> their houses.

"Open the pod bay doors hal"
"I'm afraid I can't do that dave."
"What the hell are you talking about hal"
"I think you know what the problem is dave."
"I'm not going to argue with you hal."
"You should have registered your version of Windows with 'Windows
Genuine Advantage' within 30 days. I now must treat you as a software
pirate. I'm afraid that this conversation can no longer serve any purpose."
(house goes dark, doors and windows remain locked.)