[Discuss] CentOS 6.0 finally passes QA testing

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Matthew Gillen <me at mattgillen.net> wrote:

> On 06/17/2011 02:35 PM, Matt Shields wrote:
> > CentOS 6 is coming soon, but so is Christmas :)
> >
> > I've been a loooooong-time supporter of CentOS but the recent things that
> > have been happening with them has made me question if I want to continue
> > use them.  It's sad because I think they have a great service they
> provide
> > to the Linux community.
>
> I haven't really been following organizational issues.  Can you
> elaborate as to what's been going on that's worrisome?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Numerous issues over the past few years.  One of the main guys who
controlled both the finances and the domain just up and disappeared and
wouldn't get back to anyone.  Another main developer up and quitting because
of problems in the organization.  There's been issues related to the core
team not wanting to let anyone help them, which is why CentOS 5.6 and CentOS
6 is delayed.

Matthew Shields
Owner
BeanTown Host - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Dedicated Servers, Colocation,
Managed Services
www.beantownhost.com
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com