[Discuss] Google Voice

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 01:57:42AM -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
> Dan Ritter wrote:
> > Interoperability is great. Google Voice...
>
> Has Google officially added SIP support to GV? I had read that for a
> short while you could reach your GV number via SIP using some test
> servers Google had in place, but they went away. And I see at east one
> ATA (http://obihai.com/) supports GV. But I haven't ran across any
> documentation explaining how to dial a GV line via SIP, or have GV
> forward to a SIP end point. (Although I haven't looked for this info
> lately.)

You can reach GV (and vice versa) through open-source gateway
code now, and several signs point to Google doing full SIP
interoperability in the near future.

Such signs include:

- SIP servers being advertised in Google's DNS

- SIP client implementation shipping in Android 2.3.4 and later.

-dsr-

You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.