[Discuss] Firefox vs. Chrome

    Robert> On Jul 21, 2011, at 12:15 AM, Rich Braun wrote:

    >> Has anyone else gone through this switch?  What steps could have
    >> been taken to troubleshoot Firefox to avoid having to make this
    >> switch?  I basically disabled all plugins, flash, Java,
    >> everything--and it still took over my whole system.  I'm saddened
    >> by the collapse of Firefox but maybe it's just me, doing
    >> something wrong.
    >>

    Robert> Same here.  I have used Mozilla and Firefox for many years
    Robert> but recently Firefox has been both a memory and cpu hog.

My experience exactly.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

With all these books, as with any on the subject, do not expect to
turn yourself into an expert via the printed word alone.  You can
commit to memory everything Lichine has to say about Gevrey-Chambertin
and still have no idea whether you would like the wine.

Kingsley Amis, _On Drink_