No subject

capable of doing whatever BIOS tells it (I believe), just like with IDE >
EIDE, and parallel ports going from unidirectional > bidirectional, etc.
The hardware is there.  It is just a matter of what the instructions in
firware dictate.

If you can find a BIOS upgrade for your machine (check with the
manufacturer) which updates the USB code from 1.1 to 2.0 (i.e. faster
speed), then you, too, can benefit.

Scott