[Discuss] TrueCrypt with SSD

That's a bummer.  But now it doesn't matter anymore, does it.  Because you
can't use TrueCrypt.  No matter what you use - Bitloker, some other, or zero
encryption - It's not the same as all the other laptops worldwide.

FWIW, I hear this a lot.  A lot of companies standardize to the exclusion of
positive change.  Yes, I acknowledge the management simplification that
comes as a result of standardization, but it comes at the price of
stagnation.  It makes otherwise-good companies unattractive to good
employees.  You should always have a subset of experimental setups, so you
can explore new changes...  And you should be open to re-standardization or
multiple standards, in order to gain their benefits.  In this case,
Bitlocker would probably be more secure than truecrypt, because ... I don't
know how you manage or communicate truecrypt passwords, but if you're
standardizing on a large scale, that password management is your weak link
in security.

Incidentally, what *is* the problem with TrueCrypt anyway?  It seems to me,
a hard drive looks like a hard drive whether it's a HDD or SSD.  I would
expect it to be fine.  Do they have any details anywhere, what is the
problem?