[Discuss] access to mysql

Stephen Adler wrote:
> I've gotten stuck with a project where I have to take a bunch of tables
> defined in an MS access database and convert them into tables in a mysql
> database. I've poked around a bit looking for a converter, but there
> isn't anything which pops out as "this is the one you want to use". Any
> suggestions?

I had this problem some years ago, and found a solution, which I wrote up here:
http://www.tux.org/~tbr/database-conversion/#Microsoft

That was a while ago (although I was still using it some years after I
published that article) so it's possible that you might need to tweak
a few things to get it to work today, but I think the approach is
still sound. I'd bet the underlying problem, the broken Access table
export feature, is still there.

HTH,
Ted Ruegsegger