[Discuss] TrueCrypt with SSD

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 02:18:47PM -0400, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
>
> > So, what is a good practice for an employee who has company property
> > that may contain some sensitive data?
>
> Answer: take it out of the employees' paychecks.  They want/need a portable
> computer to commute or work from home then make them pay for it.

And watch them refuse to take a laptop so they can't work from home or on
the road...

There's no way I would accept a work laptop under the conditions you're
proposing. It's analogous to suggesting that every time there is a security
breach on a server you're repsonsible for, that you _personally_ are
legally responsible for the data loss. Would you take a job with that
stipulation?

-ben

--
it is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that
follow it.                                     <benjamin franklin>