[Discuss] Relevance of PGP?

Agreed, but neither my Mom nor myself need to have a clue how SSL works in
order to use something like s/mime.  It just so happens I am able to follow
a process, click all the right checkboxes, to create & install my
certificate, and those are a bit beyond her level.

If only web browsers and mail clients made this more seamless, it would be
all done.  Usable by even my Mom.

FWIW, here is the process I currently use.  This is simple enough to follow
for most people, including non-techies such as financials and lawyers.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/543241/Digital%20ID%20Step%201%20-%20Create%20Cert%2
0IE9%20Win7.pdf
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/543241/Digital%20ID%20Step%202%20-%20Outlook%202010.