[Discuss] Is MythTV dead?

The wiki and trac sites at mythtv.org contain lots of info about bug-fixes but
don't shed much light on when it'll all get tied together in a release.  0.24
was a huge release with more code changes than previous one (I think twice as
many as any prior), hence the slight loss of stability I saw, and 0.25 is
slated to be even bigger.  The size of it is what leads me to my question, is
there enough momentum in the project to overcome this complexity?

In the meantime I guess I could revisit how I build my own front-ends.  Have
been using the PackMan repo to install 0.24 or 0.24.1 under OpenSuSE 11.3 or
11.4.  I settled on OpenSuSE 11.3 with 0.24 (not the newer ones).  The
release-notes page at mythtv.org has a list labeled "fixes applied after
0.24.1 released", none of which seem to apply to my setup, but may be worth
trying.  Those of you who are happier than I am with the setup:  which base
distro are you using (Ubuntu? Fedora? something else?), what package repo (or
build-from-source) are you using, and what graphics-display hardware are you
using?

-rich