[Discuss] Is MythTV dead?

> My master is Mythbuntu; my frontends are all Debian Squeeze with
> the debian-multimedia packages. If I were rebuilding today I
> would go with Squeeze for the backend as well.
>
> My video is NVidia VDPAU across the board. When Debian goes to a
> 3.0 kernel, I expect to be able to move one frontend off the
> GT220 board and on to the integrated Intel graphics. Other boxes
> use an integrated NVidia 8200 and a 9500 card.
>
> My sources are an HDHR and a firewire connection to my STB. I'm
> thinking about buying an HDHR Prime (cablecard) in the nearish
> future to replace the firewire connection; that lowers my
> monthly bill a bit.
>
> -dsr-

Dan,

I am  beginning to get back it to MythTV.  I stopped after the
networks switch to HD.  Would you recommend the HDDR over the new
Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650?

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10133

I know that the HDDR supports an Ethernet connection which does sound
nice, if solely for the cost of the cable.  What are some other
advantages.  I  am using FIOS, do you know if Verizon blocks many of
the copy-freely channels?