[Discuss] Extra splitter (OT)

(Bill Bogstad) commented:
> this is for the people who are on the cheap $8 a month
> Limited Basic plan.  Think retiree on a fixed income who
> just wants to keep watching the broadcast channels they
> always have and doesn't want any new fangled gadgets.

The $8/mo service is appealing to more than just non-gadget freaks or
retirees.  Anyone who wants high-speed Internet and doesn't want TV has to buy
that service too.  Comcast offers a steep discount for 2-play purchases; I pay
$53.99/mo ($45.95 Internet, $7.55 TV, $0.49 tax) for the TV/Internet combo.
The minimum price for Internet by itself is $52.95, my service is one tier
above that.

Not a huge savings but hey, if for some reason my rabbit-ears quit working for
local channels, I could hook up my MythTV system to the cable and get inferior
streams of these video channels...

Now if I could only figure out why the cable-company tax/fees is $0.49, my
phone-company charges are $11.63, my cell-phone carrier charges are $4.93,
it's all crazy even though each bill is almost exactly the same $54/month, and
the Republicans want to deregulate 'em all to charge whatever they want.

-rich