[Discuss] Photo Manager

Kyle wrote:
> I guess now that I am seeing all these options I have narrowed my needs down
> to 2 things. ?Ability to send to internet for sharing and network storage
> for saving. With your system Ted is it fairly easy to retrieve the local
> copy of it for uploading to the web? By easy I mean someone who's technical
> skills are fairly low grade?

With PhotoTrove encapsulated as a virtual machine, you typically would
save your images and database backups on a file system outside the
virtual machine, like your host machine's disk or an external disk.
PhotoTrove manages photo sets (analogous to rolls of film) but for
sharing with the rest of the world you would select the images you
want and assemble them into an album. You can then burn the album to a
CD or DVD or you can upload it to a website as a collection of static
HTML pages. Skills required: copy, by whatever means, a folder of
files from your computer to a website. Depending on the platform, it
would be fairly easy to set up some kind of drag-and-drop approach,
but that's outside PhotoTrove's scope.

Ted