[Discuss] CD ripping

Hi gang,

What are people using for CD ripping on Linux these days?  I was
always a big fan of Grip, but it has a bug that makes me crazy, and
it's no longer under development so the author isn't accepting
patches.

I've tried sound juicer in the past, but my recollection was it wasn't
very flexible and I have had issues with it not ripping whole
tracks... and I think additionally it has the same bug that Grip has
(or at least a very similar one).

On Windows I've used fubar2000, which does the job quite well, though
I didn't care for the UI much and it requires Windows.

The grip bug is an encoding problem (with regard to text data in ID3
tags); I've got a fix but I can't even test it because I can't get it
to build with a modern Linux box.  I've lost patience with trying to
make sure I have all the right versions of all the right libraries and
tools.

Thanks

-=-=-=-=-