[Discuss] Photo Manager

Derek Atkins asked:
> Okay, why did you do this instead of using something like Gallery2?
> http://gallery.menalto.com/

A further thought after browsing Gallery's docs some more and looking
at some examples:

I get the impression that Gallery is aimed at managing a (usually
small) set of related photos, like a single album or possibly a set of
related albums, and their presentation to the audience. I would set up
Gallery on a site to display those particular photos and, as needed,
edit or annotate them. Other photos would be in other Gallery sites.
At home I'd have my entire collection of photos stored and backed up.

My app manages my entire collection of photos, currently about 75,000,
primarily so I can conveniently look them up, edit them, annotate
them, back them up and, once in a while, select a few for an album to
share. My photo collection also functions as my memory (an aspect that
gets more and more handy as I age) and a reference for "what happened
when where" lookups. I do a lot more with my photos than publish the
occasional album. Since it's a web app, everyone in the household can
look up photos as well.

Ted