[Discuss] Logging question for SOX compliance

For the most part, we are where you describe (formalized process including
TRAC ticketing, Subversion code control, QA testing) except that being a
small company with relatively few changes, we don't have a seperate release
engineering group, alternate developers perfom that task. In any event, the
problem I'm trying to solve is that the auditors require evidence showing
who copied what to the production server. Evidence being defined as system
generated logs or reports.

Changing the process down the road might be an option but for now I'm simply
looking to capture info about file transfer activity.