[Discuss] The America Invents Act

Thanks Derek for this great video.  I took the time to listen to the whole clip.  With all my respect to RMS, I have to say he did not make a good case on "why all software patents are invalid."  Owners of software patents can be a threat to open source developers.  However, there's no law prohibiting open source developers to seek patent protection.  If someone could successfully persuade the congress to eliminate all software patents, great!  Should that happen (if ever will happen), not only open source, but all software developers will get away from the risk of software patents suits.  Nontheless, before it becomes reality, everyone still have to live with the current system...

HYC on the go

? Sep 27, 2011 7:47 PM ??Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> ???