[Discuss] (OT) Steve Jobs 1955-2011

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 10:19:49AM -0400, Matthew Gillen wrote:
> On 10/06/2011 09:23 AM, Dan O'Donovan wrote:
> >> My next cell phone will be an openmoko
> >
> > I remember saying that five years ago - kinda glad I got an iPhone now...
>
> I will never buy one of those.  The way they treat jailbreakers (sue
> them for copyright infringement, brick their phones)

I call bullshit. A cursory Google doesn't return any hits for Apple suing
people who jailbreak their phones, and I doubt you'll find _any_ reliable
reference saying that they are deliberately bricking jailbroken phones with
their updates.

So, references please.

As an aside, there is an incredible amount of FUD spread on this list.
Instead of concentrating on the cool innovations that are happening in the
open source community, half of the threads seem to be about how we are all
getting screwed by Apple/Microsoft/Google/etc.

-ben

--
inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.     <pablo picasso>