[Discuss] Thumbs Up To Ben

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Adam Hathaway <ahathaway21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ben. ?I usually use this list to read and I rarely comment but
> figured I should give a thumbs up to Ben's comment. ?Too much time on many
> of these Linux mailing lists is complaining about competitors and not enough
> on the actual mailing list subject. ?I am not saying this is true about
> everyone but I ask what kind of productivity/innovation would we have if a
> large group of these FUD spreaders would refocus their time on something
> other than complaining about competitor products/idealogy?

Thirded.  Our role, as far as I understand it, is to develop the best
software we can and give it away for free.  The fact that others have
taken the role of creating the best software they can and charging
money for it should be of minimal concern to us.

Hyperbole aside, (the GREATEST threat to freedom?  Really?) Mark has
some good points.  We do have an ideology, and it's fair to take some
time to espouse it.  But when these topics take up more time than the
purported list topic, that's a problem.

-Dan