[Discuss] disk space analysis tools

Since my background is a software engineer not a system administrator, I
have generally used DU to manage my own disk space, or possibly to look
at disk space usage on the BLU servers. But, recently I'm seeing
significant increase in my work's backup server (a WD MyBook). While du
works fine (using the appropriate options), it does take some time to
analyze the results. One issue I have is whether the increase in space
is due to someone moving things around (such as in a client space) that
will break the hard links, but eventually the storage will go down as
the older dailies are removed. I only keep a few weeks because out New
York office backs us up also.

So, what I am looking for is either some decent tools I can use that are
less time consuming than looking at du output.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix