[Discuss] Econonomic contribution

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 8:05 AM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>>
>> For me, it is more two questions: (1) Which is more valuable "form" or
>> "function?" and (2) Who is most responsible?
>
> I'm with Bill.  The comparison is as much a waste of time as pondering
> whether Karl Benz or Henry Ford was more important to the automotive
> industry.
>
> --Rich P.

If I may wax philosophical, the whole thing is a waste of time, computers,
jobs, things, life, etc. We're born, we live a brief period of time, we
die. We're forgotten. What's the point? Well, some native american
traditions (one of which is the basis for the upcoming holiday) is the
remembrances of people who have past, and they live on as long as we are
able to remember them.

Can it ever be said that it is a waste of time to contemplate the nature
of the world in which we live? Comparing and contrasting Jobs and Ritchie,
is interesting for understanding where we are and why. Its not a matter of
who, but a matter of thinking about it, i.e. its the journey not the
destination.

For what its worth, I'd choose Tesla over Edison, and I'd choose Benz over
Ford. However, Ford did create charcoal, that's gotta be worth something.

Maybe this is OT?