[Discuss] Thermal monitoring

On 10/21/2011 12:14 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> In my case, sensors-detect installed /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors, but did
> not install a script in /etc/init.d.

You don't need it to do either of those things.  You need it to a)
figure out which sensor kernel module you need to use, and b) load the
module.  (Although you can obviously do (b) yourself.)  But again, the
module that it reports in (a) may not come installed with the kernel,
and so you may need to install it as a separate package - as I did with
k10temp on my server at home.

HTH,

DR