[Discuss] Verizon ADSL and port blocking

Bill:
I have no issue accessing my HP Mediasmart server on both HTTP/HTTPS and I host Ventrilo and Mumble as well with no issue.

If you are using the Westel DSL Modem, disable the firewall built in, assuming you have another router and not directly connected from a PC.  I also recommend switching it to Bridge mode.  Search on Westel Bridged and there are plenty of articles with directions on how to do this.