[Discuss] OT: what is this cable for?

Technically that connector is a DA15, not a DB15.  I am most familiar with their use in ethernet AUI (Attachment Unit Interface).  They usually had a sliding latch for connecting rather than screws.  They thankfully died out in the 90s when fast ethernet standardized on RJ45.

The 50 pin centronics is an RJ21 Telco connector, or it could be a SCSI-1 connector.