[Discuss] (OT) Barnes & Noble wants DOJ probe into Microsoft patent tactics

On Nov 10, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Brendan Kidwell wrote:

> The average price for books for both platforms
> is completely unreasonable considering the DRM and level of quality
> control I've seen.

I agree completely - I'm only in the US for a year or so and buying hardcopy books seems like a waste. I *want* to buy more eBooks! If I'm getting into a novel, I don't want some crappy punctuation or formatting throwing my concentration! It seems more reasonable to buy second hand books, and then donate them back when I leave (which is what I do and intend to do).

I forgot about the BPL - that is actually quite an excellent resource.

Dan

Dan O'Donovan Ph.D
SBGrid Consortium
Harvard Medical School