[Discuss] Any Subversion geniuses out there?

It's a long story but basically we have a number of developers that all use
MS Sql Server Management Studio to write/edit their schema (along with
other tools such as Visual Studio, notepad, etc).  For some reason when you
create a .sql script using SSMS even though it's text it does some funky
encoding and when the developer checks in the code it adds the mime-type of
application/octet-stream (a binary file).  Because of this we can't review
diff's directly in Trac, we need to do them one by one on our computer.
 Using any other tool to create the .sql files is fine but it's something
about SSMS.

Now, getting the developers to use another tools isn't an option.  Adding a
setting to their svn config is a pain because as developers come and go
it's an additional step that needs to happen to every computer install.
 What I was wondering is it possible in Subversion when a changeset is
being committed that a hook could be used to change the mime-type.  So if
the file being committed is a *.sql, then it would override whatever
mime-type the client is saying and apply text/x-sql.

If this is possible, anyone have an example?  I'm sort of familiar with the
hooks and how they work, I installed one that emails me when a commit
happens with the changes, but would just need to know how to do a mime-type
change based on file extension.

Matthew Shields
Owner
BeanTown Host - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Dedicated Servers, Colocation,
Managed Services
www.beantownhost.com
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com