[Discuss] Competition of broadband

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
>>
>> My understanding of the spat between Curtatone and Verizon is that it stems
>> from his opposition to Verizon's desire to negotiate video franchises on the
>> state and not city level. Verizon keeps pushing legislation on this issue,
>> e.g:
>
> Verizon keeps pushing this legislation because Comcast continues to abuse the existing legislation to maintain its monopolies in much of the Commonwealth. ?Can't have it both ways, guys.

One man's abuse is another local politician's source of revenue for
pet projects.  Comcast negotiates with local politicians and they both
get what they want
(a monopoly/pork barrel funding).   I'm sure that if Verizon was
willing to pay the same kind of fees that Comcast does that they could
find politicians willing to switch horses.

Bill Bogstad