[Discuss] LinuxMCE, NextPVR

It's been 2.5 years since anyone posted here about LinuxMCE.  I see a gushing
positive review of it at
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/linux/articles/25264.aspx but I don't know
how often it gets updated (current version is just 3 months old) or how broad
the hardware support is or much else about it.

It relies on MythTV for the PVR function, so I'm skeptical it would solve my
MythTV frustrations.  However, if it /only/ uses MythTV for PVR, and has its
own playback for all media other than that recorded from the tuner, then it'd
be worth a try.

Another PVR initiative is NextPVR.  Its back-end runs on Windows but it
probably supports DLNA front-ends.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has seen or used either of these.

-rich