[Discuss] Help with Ubuntu audio (newcomer)

Have you seen this...
http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/05/02/upgrade-alsa-1-0-23-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10-04/

Based on the comments, many have been able to fix their audio issues
following these instructions. While compiling isn't necessarily
difficult, I was able to install the recommended alsa version from a PPA
- see:
http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/05/02/upgrade-alsa-1-0-23-on-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-10-04/#comment-631

(Also added this to your thread @ ubuntuforums.org.)

--aslam