[Discuss] Upgraded fedora 15 to 16 unable to boot

I have run into some very strange problems with BIOS disk enumeration.
Is it possible that the USB drive is being enumerated before the disk
drive?  You might want to try this:

1) Leave the USB drive in.
2) Choose "boot select", or what ever the BIOS calls it (generally F12
or F9) and specify booting from the hard drive.

Alternatively, you can boot the DVD, inspect the device.map file in
/boot/grub (really /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub ) and see if it is wrong.

You can then reinstall grub using a corrected device.map file.  grub2 I
don't know enough about.

I personally found F16 not to be particularly stable, and ended up
reinstalling F14 on the system I upgraded to F16.  But then again, I
have not put the effort into learning GNOME 3.0 yet, so any excuse to go
back to GNOME 2 works for me :-)

	Jerry Natowitz
===>    j.natowitz (at) gmail.com