[Discuss] Full disk encryption

That has not been my experience at all.  I have personally encrypted two
machines that had SSD drives, both had modern CPUS, one was an I3 and one
an I7.  There was a substantially noticeable decrease in performance using
TrueCrypt.  In fact, the wait times increased so much after encrypting that
I grew impatient waiting for boot times and Microsoft Office load times.

This article has some scientific testing regarding performance on SSD
drives that are encrypted:
http://media-addicted.de/ssd-and-truecrypt-durability-and-performance-issues/744/

--
Chris O'Connell