[Discuss] Financial database / balance?

I think we all agree, for finances we want integer math, no matter how
we implement it.  That is counting pennies or mills at the unit of
measure.

Floating point and binary conversions with their apparent
inconsistencies are beyond what we are wanting to live with (like
rounding errors, etc).

There is no one truth that is correct for all, even when counting money.

Try going into your bank, and ask for the formula they use for
calculating interest on a savings account.  The normal answer I have
gotten is "The Computer Does It", and no one at the bank knows.

After working for a bank for several years, they don't even know.
They purchase a bank bean counting package from the vendor and
"assume" it is right.

... grumble ... whine ...