[Discuss] Debian is now the most popular Linux distribution on web servers

I haven't tried Debian directly, but I have noticed considerable 'code bloat'
in Ubuntu over time.  It seems like they keep adding everything they can
find (yes, overstatement).

The reason I went to Ubuntu initially is it had some of the best device
discovery during install, and it 'just worked' without having to know to add
some particular device driver or other 'configure by hand' options.

Several years have gone by, it is probably time I look around again.

(I started out with early slackware, went RedHat before the days of
IPO, and just ran.  Years later I NEEDED to upgrade so I went to
Ubuntu.  Now it is time to move on I guess.  I haven't moved because
I hate the install and configure everything cycle.)

No matter the distribution, I still enjoy being M$ Tax free and having
half a chance of being able to solve problems unlike the M$ products
I handle for my dear spouse.