[Discuss] What Happens when a cloud service shuts down

Very specifically, cloud is just another way of saying mainframe
computing the way it used to be.
Historically, computing has decentralized since the 1970s, especially
with the advent of the PC. Now, companies are using the "cloud" to
essentially bring data back into the control of the IT people. In a
business, generally the IT people have the mission to protect the
integrity and security of the data.
With respect to the "cloud" being pushed by backup companies and others,
it is simply like using an external disk drive except you don't know
where it is. But, essentially it is just a buzzword that is very popular
now.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix