[Discuss] running Snort on a consumer-grade router

A couple of ideas on installing Snort on small devices.  While I don't know
much about compiling Snort on routers, there are two devices I might
recommend that have small footprints:
The first is the Efika MX which has an 800Mhz ARM CPU, 8 GB of SSD storage,
a NIC, Wifi and I think a GB of ram.  The Efika also runs a customized
version of Ubuntu.  The device is very solid and I've had one running
Nagios for months without needing a reboot.  Cost = $129.
http://outlookoutbox.blogspot.com/2011/11/genesi-efika-mx-open-client-review-and.html

The other device I've purchased but not had the opportunity to play with is
the Dreamplug.  The specs are similar but the Dreamplug has two NICs, only
512MB of ram and a 1.2Ghz ARM cpu.  The cost is  $159.
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/c-5-dreamplugs.aspx

Chris