[Discuss] Programming vs Engineering

On 1/23/12 9:27 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> but few are licensed. How many EEs does NSTAR or National Grid have on
> their payroll, and of those what percentage are licensed.

More than none, I should expect.  Even in a worst case where NSTAR has
no licensed EEs on staff they have people educated in engineering
disciplines overseeing the work.  This is far and away better than most
software companies where the "engineers" have no engineering background
at all and their supervisors have even weaker technical backgrounds.
And of course nobody is held accountable when things go wrong.

--
Rich P.