[Discuss] FORTRAN -> ???

The Fortran IV program that I am referring to was one of the first 3D
finite element programs.  It ran on a Digital and/or Cray
supercomputer.  It was back in the early 80's. It took hours and cost
thousands of dollars to perform one analysis consisting of about 500
2D elements (I can not remember the amount of CPU time).  The original
software that I modified was called SAP4.  It was created at UC
Berkley and was open source.  I spent years modifying the code to suit
my needs in geomechanical engineering.  Those were the good old days
when programs were written so efficiently that they were works of art.

Jay