[Discuss] Comcast gets rid of the remaining analog channels

Why do they want to do this? ... I consider $$$ to be their driving motive.
If they didn't make more $$$ by doing it, they wouldn't bother.

Technically, freeing up bandwidth for them is a 'good thing' because they
can sell it and make more $$$.

If you happen to get better service, that is a nice side benefit.  But then
that means that since you get more 'utility' from them, they can raise
your rates without you whining to some regulatory agency that they
are trying to take all your $$$ (which they are).

Ok, I am a bit overboard.  But since companies, especially publicly held ones,
are $$$ driven, the argument is not without some foundation.

The only question is are customers willing to pay the additional $$$ or have
the customers finally hit an inflexible limitation in their customer base.  Or
can a competitor now come in and replace their service (the phone company
tries, but isn't there, currently).